DEFINITIONSProviding Business tools for the Australian Building and Construction Industry to assist Developers, Builders, Owner Builders and Tradespeople
Construction work means any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, conversion, fitting-out, commissioning, renovation, repair, maintenance, refurbishment, demolition, decommissioning or dismantling of a structure.
The definition of construction work is broad and includes:
- any installation or testing carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- the removal from the workplace of any product or waste resulting from demolition
- the prefabrication or testing of elements, at a place specifically established for the construction work, for use in construction work
- the assembly of prefabricated elements to form a structure, or the disassembly of prefabricated elements forming part of a structure
- the installation, testing or maintenance of an essential service in relation to a structure
- any work connected with an excavation
- any work connected with any preparatory work or site preparation (including landscaping as part of site preparation) carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- any activity mentioned above that is carried out on, under or near water, including work on buoys and obstructions to navigation.