State Work Safety Authorities
As a national policy body Safe Work Australia does not regulate work health and safety laws. The Commonwealth, states and territories retain responsibility for regulating and enforcing work health and safety laws in their jurisdiction.
For information about regulations governing work health and safety in your workplace visit the work health and safety authority in your state or territory on the links provided on the left side of this page.
Contact your regulator for information and advice on:
- Complying with Work Health and Safety laws
- Reporting a workplace incident
- Renewing or applying for licences
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Registering plant and plant designs