Effective management or control of a workplace means ensuring (so far as is reasonably practicable) that there are no health and safety risks to anyone from the workplace or when entering or exiting a workplace.
A workplace can include a vehicle, vessel, aircraft, mobile structure or any installation on water that a worker might be at while at work.
If you are an employer or business (or other PCBU) with management or control of a workplace you should:
- consult with workers to ensure the workplace is.
- consult, cooperate and coordinate with other duty holders who also have a shared responsibility to ensure work health and safety
- maintain the workplace and facilities in a safe condition
- implement appropriate procedures for workers who work in remote or isolated worksites
- prepare, implement and practice emergency plans for controlled evacuations in emergencies